Thursday, October 28, 2010

Birthdays

Well, we had several birthdays around here in the last few months.
**WARNING**
This is pretty much one of those "I'm their mom, so I think it's the most wonderful and adorable thing in the whole-wide-world, so I'm putting it on my blog" kind of posts. I understand that - while it makes you crazy and unstable - you might not share my opinion on what is bloggable. But guess what... I DON'T CARE! THEY'RE SO CUTE!

Let's start with Baby Grey. He's not my baby anymore. Scratch that. The darn kid still won't walk at almost 14 months... so yeah. He's my baby. My giant, 27 pound - "carry me everywhere, Mom" - Baby Grey.



We had his birthday party at the park right outside our house. He was perfectly content chomping on his cake and watching the guests. He's an old soul, I guess.

This boy is AMAZING! Since he was a little baby, he's always been able to make you feel like you're the only person in the world that matters to him! It doesn't matter if he just met you that minute. He looks into your eyes and connects with people. I love him to pieces! He loves his big sisters... and his dad (Of course, who wouldn't!?). We just adore our Baby Grey!


And on to the Twins!

Their birthday was a hoot.  They had a blast all day long.  They got panckaes for breakfast, a hallway full of balloons, presents, and their own cakes.  Not a bad day for those 3 year olds.  Seeing their faces... not a bad day for this 27 year-old. 



My favorite line is when Lily says, "Oh, wow!"  when she opens the princesses!  Love it.

We sang to each girl separately so they know they're special.  I'm such a good mom, huh?  Lily was born 5 minutes before Ruby, so we sang to her first.  Then we waited 5 minutes before letting Ruby have any cake.  Just kidding, we didn't.  Anyway, Lily specially requested a pink flower cake, and Aaron delivered.  If this dentist thing doesn't work out, he can be a cake decorator.



Here's Ruby's infamous "Pink Dog Princess Happy Birthday Cake."  I love that girl.  For a week, that's all she talked about.  She really wanted a "Pink Dog Princess Happy Birthday Cake."  She loved it!

 

We just love these 2 girls.  They are the best big sisters, the best little girls, and the best friends anyone could ask for.  They are ALWAYS trying hard to do what is right.  They really want to be good, and I know I need to sit down and learn a few lessons from these two on being Christ-like.  I love them so much.  These two really are special.  Just you watch.

2 comments:

Haley said...

Oh they are so cute! What fun birthday festivities. Although, I would have preferred waking up the kids by throwing balloons at them like we did with Lilia. Now that was fun!

The Smiths said...

GIRLS! Isn't it wonderful to have a birthday!?