Friday, May 27, 2011

Omaha

When we moved to Omaha, Nebraska over 3 years ago, Aaron used to tell people that he was quitting dental school and becoming a corn farmer.

He's so funny.

Who knew that we would grow to love that place so much?  I'm still a bit surprised.  We're gone.  Our house has a new family living in it.  We're not really sure if we'll ever go back to Omaha.  But we loved it.  Forget the AH-mazing zoo.  Forget the life-saving  friends.  Forget the life-changing education.  Forget all of that, and we will still carry a fondness for Omaha that can never be replaced.

Personally, I think it has a lot to do with our growth as a family (and not just the addition of our boys, Grey and Jair).  The time we spent in Omaha made us a stronger family, and it made Aaron and I a stronger husband and wife.  For that, I will always love Omaha.

And I have to stop typing now, because it's hard to sep;ll check through the tears.



"Goodbye, Omaha.  We love you."

I couldn't have said it better myself. 

4 comments:

Bleak's said...

Are you trying to make me cry??!!! All I can say to that post is DITO! I just want to go home! HOME TO OMAHA!!!! I hope you guys are doing well give the kids a kiss from me and say how much I miss them!

The Evers Family said...

Dito too. We miss it so much.

Haley said...

I'm so glad that you loved your Omaha experience. I hope my Durham years are as sweet as your Nebraska time.

Unknown said...

I am right there with you KJ. Omaha, VG, the zoo, everything...all great, but becoming a family...that is what sums up the whole 3 years for us too. Good luck in Oregon!