Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Plus One

Funny story... when I was about 7 or 8, my Aunt Sheilaugh (yes, that is how you spell her name... but that's another story for another day) was pregnant with her first child - Colin. That year, I asked my dad what Labor Day was for, and I got some lame answer like, "Well, it's for people who labor." Really, Dad? Really?

Now, I knew enough to know that "labor" and "pregnancy" went together, but that's as far as my knowledge on the word extended. So, I was forced to draw my own conclusion and I replied,

"Oh, like Aunt Sheilaugh?"

Confused pause... Dad replies...

"Yeah... I guess so..."

And so, to celebrate Labor Day as it was truly intended... I present to you...

Grey Aaron Smith
Born Sept 7, 2009
10:01 am
8lbs 20.5 in

Don't you wish you could go into labor on Labor Day?









10 comments:

Jenny Bay said...

Congratulations you guys!! He is adorable, and what a great day to go into labor!! :)

Bre said...

Congratulations! He's so darling! And Grey is the coolest name! Yea for Labor Day!

Marc and Liz Anson said...

So cute! Congrats guys! My mom was in Labor on Labor day too...27 years ago :)

Adam and Cassie Pierson said...

He's adorable KJ. Congratulations! (BTW, boys are wonderful).

Cindi Smith said...

He's BEE-U-TEE-FUL!!!!! I can't wait to hold him two weeks from tomorrow!!!!!!

Jamie said...

I love those last two pics...cannot wait to see you guys!!

Haley said...

So you ended up naming him Grey afterall? What a cute name! One point KJ, no points Aaron ... well I guess he gets the middle name so that counts for something!

Benjamin said...

Congratulations! I love the name too. He's way too cute for words. Good luck the adjustment!

Crystal said...

Oh my! He is a keeper! Give him LOTS of kisses from his birthday twin! I LOVE him already! :)

J said...

YAY! YAY! YAY!