Saturday, October 25, 2008

1 Year-Olds (x2)

My babies are girls now. Ever since we found out we were pregnant... it was "baby this" and "baby that." "Baby" soon became "babies," and they've been my babies ever since. Well... now they're 1. I guess now they're my "girls."

We had a big party with lots of friends and "family" to celebrate. The "girls" loved their cake and frosting. We're so thankful for all our loved ones who came over to celebrate their 1st birthday. We're a lucky family!



Did I break down in sobs and gasp, "My babies are grown up!"? Well, no, I didn't. Of course there is always the astonishment at how fast time flies... But I feel that from any given Monday to Sunday, too. I was excited. Every single stage (save 2 hrs after the epidural wore off) of these two girls in our lives has be indescribably joyful. These two girls are special... just you watch.


Happy Birthday, Lily & Ruby! We love you!

10 comments:

The Johnsons said...

We love them too. They are so much fun and we love when they come over to play! :) Maybe you should come visit sometime this week! :) Happy Birthday Girls!

Braziers said...

hey kj, i dunno if you will remember me but I lived in the bc at the same time as you. Anyways your kids are so cute and I hope you are having fun!

Shayna

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday girls!!! Kjersta, you look beautiful!

missy d said...

What a cute family! Your girls are so darling!

BEESTON said...

Fun party and loved the cake. They grow up so fast!

Jayson and Julianne said...

So dang cute! So happy we could be part of your "family" group.

Bleak's said...

To bad we had to leave! It would have been an awesome party! We just love the girls!!!

Chelle said...

KJ! It's your old roommie, Michelle. Long time! I found your blog off Crystal's, i hope you don't mind. Anyway, how fun to see your twins--I think they look so much like you! And you look great! How is dental school going? Last time I talked to you you were about to leave. Anyway, we're expecting baby #2 in April. If you want to check out our blog, it's http://jaredandchelle.blogspot.com. Love, Michelle

Rick Atkin said...

Man, I miss you guys SO MUCH! Please send my best to Enriqua and Foreuga. I love those girls. We will definitely try to come visit you guys on our way back from school (likely in May sometime). How's the flossing going? I bet you have people lined up outside your door waiting for you to floss their teeth. You were so good at it back in undergrad.

Elisabeth (and Tyler) said...

So sweet. Those girls are incredible because they have THE COOLEST parents on the planet. You guys seriously make it look so easy. I love you guys, thanks for being such a great example to me. I want to be just like you when I grow up :)